Wednesday 22 September 2010

Bees in your bonnet

Bees in your bonnet


I think the reason that Protestants cannot and will not appreciate the Roman Catholic Church is because they have so many bees in their bonnets.
Let's take a look at some of these bees!
I think the first and most important Bee is that to be a Catholic one has to obey a higher authority...and be part of a structure made up of imperfect people.
THIS IS A VERY BIG BEE. Henry the 8th really couldn't handle being told what to do.
Maybe that is the Queen Bee?
Then there are smaller bees.
The Bible today is open for all to read and this was a and is a good thing BUT
Everyone can literally take the Bible and interpret it to suit his ways.
Private Interpretation has brought about 38,000 approx ways of interpretation in 38,000 denominations.
One Bible, but as many verses are obscure in their meaning, they can be twisted to mean whatever suits oneself.
The Roman Catholic Church over a period of 2000 years has an interpretation that is approved by the leaders or Bishops or Apostles made over the Centuries..
Next there is the

Bee about Mary, Jesus' Mother
Inquisition bee....
Burning Witches bee...
Going to war in the Crusades bee....... and the
Spanish Armada bee..
the Indulgences bee....and many more I am sure I left out...
And now we have some very modern bees like the
paedophile bee.
I nearly forgot another very big one,
The Holy Eucharist Bee
the Real presence of Jesus Bee
When I became a Catholic 10 years ago, these
bees bothered me a great deal until I rediscovered
Matthew Chapter 16 verse 18...
Instead of arguing about big and little stones and pebbles and showing off ones knowledge of Greek when actually this statement was made in Aramaic... But that is not the point here..
JUST CHECK THIS OUT
JESUS SAID AND I QUOTE THE EXACT WORDS
I WILL BUILD MY CHURCH..... I WILL DO IT.... NOT YOU OR ME BUT I JESUS WILL DO THE JOB UNTIL THE END OF THE AGE AND I WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU NOR FORSAKE YOU AND THE GATES OF HELL WILL NOT BE ABLE TO WITHStAND THE ONSLAUGHTS OF MY CHURCH
When I discovered this, the penny dropped and all the bees took flight and they never dared come back again...
This was Jesus'
plan,
idea,
job,
construction,
Maintenance,
and in spite of wicked evil and sinful men including the likes of me
nothing will ever
ever ever ever get in His way and be able to spoil His Plan.

Now if you cannot see that.... then like the Muslim who challenged me today exclaiming and gesticulating with great fervour and force of words, that Jesus was just a Prophet and definitely not GOD, I was able to explain in very bad Genglish a mixture of German and English. That we would just have to agree to disagree and love one another.
I put my arm around him and, believe it or not, he gave me a very generous donation with a big smile on his face..

I love these following Words from Father Patrick Peyton and will try to end all my mails with the following... This applies particularly to a very favourite BEE Prayer of the Roman Catholics The HOLY ROSAY also the very favourite of Father Peyton!!!!!!
The family that prays together stays together and a World at prayer is a world at peace..
Notice it doesn't say a world all reading and privately interpreting the Word of God. Ha!!!!!!


Look forward to your comments!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment